Monday, September 15, 2014

Lessons Learned

The most interesting part of our project so far is going out and filming our B-roll shots. First we got to go to the Kauai Marriott and film the luau festival that Kaylynn and her group put on. We got different shots of Kaylynn doing fire knife dancing which I think will make our project look even more awesome. Then we met up at the Kapahi park and filmed more B-roll of Kaylynn and her dad fire knife dancing but without the fire. We also went down to the Kapaa Beach Park and we got two more interviews of her two brothers and we also got some more B-roll of that.

I think our biggest roadblock that my team and I handled was making sure everyone could make it to the places we needed to be, to help us film and come up with interesting angles and techniques. We made it through that roadblock by scheduling and planning meets and times to meet. Even though one of our partners couldn't make it we still got the job done without any problems.

To me, I think the most valuable part of the filmmaking process is planning and teamwork. I would say planning because once you plan everything and know where you want to put things, then you could go out and do what you need to do and get the job done. Also I would say teamwork because you can't do the whole project by yourself, it's better to have extra people to helping you, it always makes the job easier. Also they can help you by telling you different ways of doing something which could then make your project better!

No comments:

Post a Comment